Windows XP Professional (available through downgrade rights from Genuine Windows® 7 Professional) Genuine Windows Vista® Business 32 Genuine Windows® 7 Home Basic 32 Red Flag Linux FreeDOS
Mobile Intel GE45 Express with ICH9M
HP 3D DriveGuard
Upgradeable to 8 GB
DVD; DVD/CD-RW combo; LightScribe DVD+/-RW SuperMulti with Double Layer (With the Upgrade Bay with Dual Hard Drive support, the optical drive can be replaced with an optional 250 GB 5400 rpm hard drive.)
Mobile Intel® GMA 4500MHD Microsoft DirectX 10 capable
Optional VGA webcam
Audio, Slots, and Ports
4 USB 2.0 1 1394a 1 headphone/line-out 1 AC power 1 docking connector 1 battery connector 1 external VGA monitor 1 RJ-11 1 S-video 1 RJ-45
HP Mobile Broadband (powered by Gobi™) Broadcom 4322AGN 802.11a/b/g/n WiFi Adapter Broadcom 4312G 802.11b/g WiFi Adapter HP Integrated Module with Bluetooth® 2.0 Wireless Technology Intel® WiFi Link 5100
External 90-watt Smart AC adapter, 90-watt Smart Combo Adapter; HP Fast Charge
6-cell (55 WHr): up to 6 hours and 15 minutes; 6-cell (47 WHr): up to 5 hours
Standard: HP ProtectTools, TPM Embedded Security Chip 1.2 (disabled where restricted by law), Enhanced Pre-Boot Security, HP Spare Key, HP Disk Sanitizer, Enhanced Drive Lock, Drive Encryption for HP ProtectTools, Credential Manager for HP ProtectTools, File Sanitizer for HP ProtectTools Optional: HP Fingerprint Sensor, Smart Card Reader (replaces ExpressCard), Kensington Lock, HP Privacy Filter, McAfee Security Solution
Service and Support
HP Services offers limited 3-year and 1-year standard parts and labor warranty, pick-up or carry-in, and toll-free 7 x 24 hardware technical phone support (depending on model); 1-year limited warranty on primary battery. On-site service and warranty upgrades are also available.
To download the latest Adobe Acrobat Reader, please go to the Adobe Website. Adobe, the Adobe logo, and Adobe Acrobat Reader are trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated.
Certain Windows Vista product features require advanced
or additional hardware. See http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/getready/hardwarereqs.mspx
and http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/getready/capable.mspx for details. Windows
Vista Upgrade Advisor can help you determine which features of Windows Vista will
run on your computer. To download the tool, visit www.windowsvista.com/upgradeadvisor.
1. HD content required to view HD images.
2. Wireless access point and Internet service
is required and is not included. Availability of public wireless access points limited.
3. Sold separately or as an optional feature.
4. Intel, the Intel logo, Intel Core and Core Inside are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.
5. This system requires a separately purchased 64-bit operating system and 64-bit software products to take advantage of the 64-bit processing capabilities of AMD Turion 64 X2 technology. Dual-core processing available with AMD Turion 64 X2 technology is a recent technology innovation designed to improve performance of this system. Given the wide range of software applications available, performance of a system including a 64-bit operating system and a dual-core processor will vary. This (notebook) pc does not support the AMD Turion X2 Ultra Dual Core processor over-clocking feature.
6. Requires separately purchased Ultra Capacity Battery and customer download of the latest Intel graphics driver and HP BIOS. Notebook must be configured with optional Intel 80GB SSD drive and HP Illumi-Lite LED Display and requires XP operating system. Battery life will vary depending on the product model, configuration, loaded applications, features, and power management settings. The maximum capacity of the battery will decrease with time and usage.
7. Requires separately purchased Ultra Capacity Battery. The maximum capacity of the battery will decrease with time and usage.
*Except where noted, all prices are estimated U.S. HP prices. Actual prices from
other locations or websites may vary.
** Leasing information, where displayed, is for a 48-month lease. Call 1-800-888-5858
to talk to a representative about leasing options to meet your needs. Shipping and
tax not included.
Reviews dated from 9/1/09 – 10/15/09 may have been part of a sweepstakes submission