Motherboard Specifications, M2N78-LA (Violet6)
- Manufacturer's motherboard name: Pegatron M2N78-LA
- HP/Compaq name: Violet6-GL8E
- Micro-ATX: 24.4 cm (9.6 inches) x 24.4 cm (9.6 inches)
- NVIDIA GeForce 9100
- 5200MT/s (5.2 GT/s)
- This motherboard supports only AM3 processors
- Memory support is limited to DDR3 modules only.
- HyperTransport 3.0
- Split power planes allow separate power management for CPU and integrated memory controller for improved power savings.
- Supports the following processors:
- AMD Phenom II X4 9xx/9xxe/8xx Quad-Core (Deneb)
- AMD Phenom II X3 7xx/7xxe Triple-Core (Heka)
- AMD Phenom II X2 5xx (Callisto)
- AMD Athlon II X4 6xx/6xxe (Propus)
- AMD Athlon II X3 4xx/4xxe (Rana)
- AMD Athlon II X2 2xx/2xxe (Regor)
- Dual channel memory architecture
- Four DDR3 DIMM (240-pin) sockets
- Supported DIMM types:
- PC3-10600 (DDR3-1333)
- PC3-8500 (DDR3-1066)
- Non-ECC memory only, unbuffered
- Supports 4GB DDR3 DIMMs
- Supports up to 16 GB on 64-bit PCs
- Supports up to 4 GB* on 32-bit PCs
NOTE:* 32-bit operating PCs cannot address a full 4.0 GB of memory.Due to AMD limitation, DDR3-1333 modules will run at 1066 MHz if three or more modules are installed.
*Integrated graphics is not available if a graphics card is installed.
- Integrated graphics using nVidia GeForce 9100
- Also supports PCI Express x16 graphics cards
*Integrated audio is not available if a sound card is installed
- Audio CODEC: Realtek ALC888S
- High Definition 8 channel audio
- Supports one S/PDIF digital connection
- Interface: Integrated into motherboard
- Technology: Realtek RTL8201N
- Data transfer speeds: up to 10/100 Mb/s
- Transmission standards: 10-Base-T Ethernet
- One PCI Express x16 graphics
- Two PCI Express x1
- One PCI slot
- One PCI Express x1 minicard socket
Figure 2: Back I/O panel
1 - S/PDIF coaxial out
2 - Video Graphics Adapter
3 - IEEE 1394
4 - RJ-45 Network (LAN)
5 - Audio: Center/Subwoofer (yellow orange)
6 - Audio: Rear Speaker Out (black)
7 - Audio: Line In (gray)
8 - Audio: Line Out (light blue)
9 - Audio: Microphone (lime)
10 - Audio: Side Speaker Out (pink)
11 - USB 2.0: 4
12 - DVI
- One CPU fan connector
- One 24-pin ATX power connector
- One 4-pin ATX power connector
- Four SATA connectors
- One ROM recovery connector
- One jumper for resetting BIOS settings
- One jumper to clear the BIOS password
- One front panel connector
- Six USB headers, supporting 8 USB connections
- One AC Power Loss Restart Selector
- One Wlan LED connector
- One 1394 header
- One front audio connector
- One internal audio connector
- One PCIE x16 slot
- Two PCIEx1 slots
- One PCI 1 slot
- One mini card connector
- One PC fan connector
- One S/PDIF out connector
CAUTION: Do not change any jumper setting while the computer is on. Damage to the motherboard can result.
This motherboard has a jumper to clear the Real Time Clock (RTC) RAM in CMOS.
The BIOS password is used to protect BIOS settings from unwanted changes. If you have forgotten your password you may disable password checking.
To erase the BIOS password follow these steps:
The NJ18 jumper allows the user to set whether or not to start the PC after power interruptions.
If the jumper is set in the [Disabled] configuration the selector leaves your PC off. If the jumper is set in the [Enabled] configuration the selector starts the PC.
The NJ18 jumper on the motherboard.
NJ18 Header chart.
Other solutions customers found helpful
Related support links
HP Support forums
Find solutions and collaborate with others on the HP Support Forum