HP printer Icon is Missing in Devices and Printers After a Network Installation in Windows 7
When you open the Devices and Printers window, the HP printer icon is missing. However, the printer is functioning correctly.
Follow these steps to uninstall the software, update Windows 7, and then reinstall the software.
Step one: Uninstall the HP printer software
- On the Windows taskbar, click the Windows icon ( ), and then click Programs . A list of programs installed on your computer displays.
- Click the HP folder, and then click the folder with the name and model number of your printer.
- Click Uninstall , and then follow the on-screen instructions. The software uninstalls.
Step two: Make sure Windows 7 has the most recent updates
- On the Windows taskbar, click the Windows icon ( ), click Control Panel , click System and Security , and then click Windows Update .
- Click Check for updates , and then follow the on-screen instructions to install all non-optional Windows updates.
Step three: Download and install the HP printer software
- Turn on the printer.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the printer and the computer (if you already connected it). If the printer is connected to your network, leave it connected.
- Go to HP Drivers & Downloads . If prompted, type your printer model number, click Go , and then click Drivers .
- Make sure that your operating system is selected, and then click Next .
- Scroll down the page, and then click Driver .
- Click Download , and then follow the on-screen instructions to save the software to your computer.
- Open the folder where the software file saved (usually Downloads ), double-click the file, and then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
Related support links
HP Support forums
Find solutions and collaborate with others on the HP Support Forum