This document describes how to install the print cartridges.
Installing the print cartridges
Videos of replacing the print cartridges
The following video demonstrates the steps provided on this page. The printer shown is the C4280. The steps for your printer are the same.
The following video demonstrates the steps for replacing the cartridges. The product shown in the video is the HP Photosmart C4280. The outside of the product might look different, but the steps are similar for your product.
If you have trouble viewing the video or to view the video in a different size, click here to play the video (in English) on YouTube.
Step one: Install the print cartridges
NOTE:The product must be turned on before you can insert the cartridges. When the product is turned on, the carriage is on the right side.
- Open the cartridge door.
- Remove the tape from the cartridges.CAUTION:Do not touch the copper-colored contacts or re-tape the cartridges.
- Insert each cartridge as follows:
- Hold the cartridge with the HP logo on top.
- Insert the tri-color cartridge in the left cartridge slot and the black or photo cartridge in the right cartridge slot.
- Make sure you push the cartridges in firmly until they snap into place.
- Close the cartridge door.
- Press OK when prompted to confirm the installation of genuine HP cartridges.
Step two: Align the print cartridges
- On the product control panel, press OK at each of the prompts to start cartridge alignment. Wait a few minutes while the alignment page prints.
- Check the control panel display for the status, and then press OK .