- Manufacturer's motherboard name: PASUS A8M2N-LA
- HP/Compaq name: NodusM3-GL8E
- Micro-ATX: 24.4 cm (9.6 inches) x 24.4 cm (9.6 inches)
- GeForce 6150 LE chipset
- 2000MT/s (2.0 GT/s)
Socket type: AM2
Motherboard supports the following processor upgrades
- AMD Athlon 64
- Athlon 64 X2 up to 5000+
- AMD Sempron
- Four 240-pin DDR2 DIMM sockets
- Supports PC 4200 (533 MHz) and PC2 5300 (667 MHz) DDR2 DIMMs
- non-ECC memory only, unbuffered
- Maximum HP/Compaq approved memory is 4 GB*
NOTE:*Actual available memory may be less
- Interface: Integrated into motherboard
- Technology: Marvell 88EC031
- Data transfer speeds: 10/100 Mb/s
- Transmission standards:10-Base-T Ethernet
- One PCI Express x16
- Three PCI
Figure 2: Back I/O panel
1 - PS/2 mouse (green)
2 - SPDIF coaxial out
3 - IEEE 1394
4 - RJ-45 Network (LAN)
5 - Audio: Rear Speaker Out (black)
6 - Audio: Center/Subwoofer (yellow orange)
7 - Audio: Line In (light blue)
8 - Audio: Line Out (lime)
9 - Audio: Microphone (pink)
10 - Audio: Side Speaker Out (gray)
11 - USB 2.0: 4
12 - Video Graphics Adapter
13 - PS/2 keyboard (purple)
- One 24-pin ATX power connector
- One 4-pin ATX power connector
- Two PATA connectors
- Four SATA connectors
- One floppy drive connector
- Two 12v fan connectors for CPU fan and PC fan
- One 9-pin header for power button, reset button, power LED, and HDD LED
- One audio header for headphone-out and microphone-in
- One audio header for line input
- Two USB 2.0 connectors supporting 4 additional USB 2.0 ports
- One IEEE 1394 connector
CAUTION: Do not change any jumper setting while the computer is on. Damage to the motherboard can result.
This motherboard has jumpers to:
- Clear the Real Time Clock (RTC) RAM in CMOS.
- Disable password checking.
In the default (normal) position the jumper is on pins 2-3.
The BIOS password is used to protect BIOS settings from unwanted changes. If you have forgotten your password you may disable password checking.
To erase the BIOS password follow these steps:
- Turn OFF the computer and unplug the power cord.
- Locate the jumper labeled Clear P.W. The jumper is found at the lower right edge of the motherboard, near the SATA connectors.
- Move the jumper on jumper Clear P.W. to pins 1-2.
- Plug the power cord and turn ON the computer.
- Hold down the F1 key during the startup process and enter BIOS setup to change or clear the password.
- After changing or clearing the BIOS passwords, remember to reset the jumper to pins 2-3.